Bachelor of Arts in Visual Arts – Brigham Young University – 1/1996 to 4/2000
Design track: industrial design, manufacturing engineering, visual arts, and web design.
16 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
IxD Interactive Designer – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (via TekSystems) – 5/2014 to Present (1 year 2 months)
- Interactive Experience Design for Seminaries and Institutes of Religion, Missionary, HR, & Perpetual Education Funds
- Big Fish Automation,Drew Danburry, Dr. Mark Donaldson, Firefly Film & Video, Five Star Franchises, Five Star Painting (Pinturas), Five Star Holiday Decor, Fred DiDomenico, Frogley Chiropractic, Haley Ann Warner Photography, Ideation.Ink, Integrated Wellness, The Well Group, Isis Dei Product Browser, Jenny Jordan Frogley, PPC CoPilot, Reliving The 90’s, Show Me Soroban, and WhiteCanyon Software.
UI Designer and Developer – ZAGG (via ConsultNet) – 4/2014 to 4/2014 (2 weeks)
- Prototyped responsive Bootstrap developed front-end work for ZAGG's eCommerce application.
Web Designer and Developer – Miche (via ConsultNet) – 1/2014 to 3/2014 (2 months)
- Proposed a seasonal management concept that aligned marketing, art direction, design, development, business goals, and expectations in one visual, to streamline process, and make preparation and planning more efficient.
- Designed, clarified, simplified, managed, and styled reporting software for 15,512 representatives.
- Initiated a user centric reporting concept, focusing on the core data representatives needed, and automating a text/email to the reps with the data and/or a configurable automatic responding system to their downline.
- Saved $498,867.60 annually, reduced maintenance, kept costs down, and grew Novell’s mobile platform options.
- Designed and developed GroupWise mobile, web, and desktop applications for 8,003,605 users.
- Researched, designed, developed, improved, streamlined, and managed the conversion from ConsoleOne to a new GroupWise administration web application for 10,117 administrators.
- Increased icon and image delivery efficiency by 657% while maintaining, creating, branding, designing, delivering, cleaning, organizing, identifying unused icons, and improving consistency over 1900 icons, and images for Conferencing, GroupWise, Filr, Vibe, iPrint, Messenger, and ZENworks.
- Designed, developed, researched, documented, and managed best practices, branding, prototypes, icons, images, and graphics for Conferencing, GroupWise, Filr, Vibe, iPrint, Messenger, and ZENworks.
- Researched, designed, and developed a responsive-designed ZENworks mobile management prototype that locates, wipes, and removes a user’s device from any web enabled device.
- Designed and developed an image-free, beautiful, HTML 5 and CSS 3 leveraged IHC kiosk application.
- Initiated a campaign towards D1SNs market audience (division one driven high school athletes) by developing a 3’x5’ advertisement to be displayed at a local High School football stadium
- Initiated the shakable D1SN branded sports bottles as an integral part of the ‘Base, Build, Battle’ campaign.
- Proposed an $84,340 savings by creating and animating 3D cars in a web application for dealerships to point out problem areas of a vehicle
UI Engineer – AxisPointe and AxisFM – 2/2008 to 6/2009 (1 year 4 months)
- Successfully interfaced 5 different applications into a cohesive, attractive, intuitive application for a presentation to a nation-wide, multi-billion dollar homebuilder. Worked directly with the CEO, the vice-president of technology, and the director of software development.
- Developed a second software package by splitting a software application in to two to be used by the sales force to allow for a smaller priced, more flexible package for month-to-month terms to deal better with the changing economic times in two weeks.
- Simplified, created, lightened mobile interfaces for clients to work on any HTML enabled cell phone to manage Facility Management; it included a rebrand-able interface, allowing multiple customers to use the same code.
Multimedia Designer – DHI Computing Service, Inc. – 11/2001 to 2/2008 (6 years 3 months)
- Developed digital packaging for FPS GOLD’s products to maintain a consistent look across all products, and develop a more cohesively branded experience for the user.
- Rebranded Pocket DHI-Plus with a new logo and interface for their mobile application, the rebranding was very well received, and DHI-Provo was excited about how progressive the interface looked.
- Architected a plan for a content generated bank statement design, freeing 3 programmers from servicing the bank statement generation, by automating the process, which provided design options, rapid statement requests, using customer service representatives rather than programmers, and increasing the profits made in bank statement revenue. Incorporated future phases for client based design options, and provided client’s bank statements with highly presentable products. Presented this idea to the heads of loans, deposits, customer service, and the vice president of product development.
- Designed and developed a sales application for a nation–wide sales staff, allowing the sales representatives to choose different views based on needs. Included 3D generated commercial with different background music according to client taste, a history of the company, a digitized copy of the sales brochure, and a product demo. Collaborated with designers, technical writers, instructional designers, and vice president of communications, multimedia manager, and the president of sales.
- Developed a ‘Deal or No Deal’ game application for the vice president of communications for a conference for FPS GOLD (a banking/financial software application). The game randomly generated different offers based on changing percentages. All the game controls were hidden allowing game play behind the curtain as if there was a ‘banker’ making offers behind the scenes. The game was very well received and players had fun while learning the software.
- Designed and developed 5 annual directions conferences including graphics, logos, t–shirt designs, lanyard designs and an intranet information center. Included a motivational theme–based interactive environment incorporating information on the conference, registration page, theme–based PowerPoint presentations, and training in speaking and presenting at the conference.
- Designed and developed the registration process for clients, as well as a directions conference mini–site, for conference dates, activities, presentations and games. Participated in live presentations and skits, as well as professional high definition video production, explaining the need for products and services. Worked directly with the director, camera operator, gaffer, video editor, sound engineer, technical writers, the multimedia manager, head of sales, and the vice president of communications.
- Designed and developed CIS icons, allowing banker’s to identify client needs and profitability.
- Worked directly with programmers, managers, and the president of PCIS GOLD to develop 5 annual interactive Flash and Acrobat conference registration attachments for emails submitted to clients.
- Worked with the director of training, technical writers, and the multimedia manager to design and develop multiple interactive menus, tray cards, and CD labels for DOCS on CD for GOLDPoint Systems and FPS GOLD.
- Created various informational packets, with graphic explanations of the content, collaborating with the president of FPS GOLD, vice president of product development, and the vice president of quality assurance.
- Worked with product managers, writers, heads of: marketing, training, multimedia, and communications to design and develop the FPS GOLD website, the CIS blog to help FPS GOLD clients better relate with CIS (Customer Information System) the relationship banking product of FPS GOLD, and the corporate intranet for DHI Computing Service, Inc. (consisting of four data processing divisions)
Soccer (coach and player) youth leader, tutor (math, reading, and computers).